Regency Developments will present revisions to their rezoning proposal for Holyrood Gardens on May 2, 2018 at the Holyrood School from 5:30 to 8:30.
The Holyrood Development Committee is looking forward to seeing a new proposal that gives consideration to the feedback shared during a joint workshop held April 7, 2018. This feedback included the following:
- Desire for affordable and family-oriented housing
- Creation of a transit plaza (which will help improve pedestrian safety)
- Support for the bench program
- Create a predictable traffic flow pattern that minimizes short-cutting through neighbourhood, especially on 93 Ave.
- Increase pedestrian visibility at parkade access points through changes to design
- Introduce pathways for pedestrians and cyclists
- Improve access to LRT at both ends of platform
- Honour angular plane guidelines (which will see reduced heights but potential for increased site coverage)
- Build engaging street environment